What do essential oil diffusers, cleanses, and dark chocolate have in common? They might just change your life forever...
I started Diane Kazer's Warrior Cleanse program over 15 days ago and I can honestly say that I feel better than I've felt in years.
The program opened my eyes to all the crap I was letting creep back into my diet and reminded me of all the toxic cleaning products under my cupboards.
To give you a little background on why I started the cleanse: I've had issues with depression, IBS, and allergies, practically my whole life.
Every doctor would tell me the same thing, "Tina you're so healthy. All the tests have come back normal." I got fed-up with hearing this because I felt like crap and didn't want to be prescribed some random drug that caused a long list of side effects, so I decided to take my health into my own hands.
Here are my top 5 life changers:
1. ACV (Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar): This stuff is amazing! I add 2 tablespoons to 4 oz. of pure Liquid Eden water, squeeze 1/2 organic lemon, and a dash of cinnamon every morning.
ACV helps with everything from belly bloat, water weight, parasites, immunity, bacteria, viruses, fungus's, clearer skin and inflammation.
It even helps you digest your food more efficiently! As we age the enzymes in our stomach decrease which leads to that obnoxious belly bloat. This stuff is a simple addition to my life and it's been amazing.
2. My fun new GX diffuser is pictured below. Here are some practical ways I use my diffuser:
- I add 7 drops of Mind Guru EO blend before meditating, or concentrating on an important task i.e. this newsletter.
- My hubby uses Breathe Easy before bed to ease his congestion due to allergies. It's a great alternative to Claritin.
- I add Tension Ease for headache relief, or Chill Pill for a good night's sleep, or to decrease stress and anxiety.
- It's a mini humidifier, so it's also perfect for dryer climates...dry eyes are no fun.
3. My 2 favorite books right now are Grain Brain and The 4 Hour Work Week.
Grain Brain's author David Perlmutter is an incredible neuroscientist. He talks about how grains are destroying our brains and that healthy fats such as coconut oil and grass fed butter can decrease dementia and Alzheimer's.
As soon as I started a gluten free diet I saw some immediate changes. Less brain fog and less carb crashes...feeling like I have to take a nap after eating (I realized after decreasing carbs that I'm sensitive to sugar and starches). Amen to neuroscience!
Tim Ferriss is the author of The 4 Hour Work Week. Tim is one of those people who breaks every rule in book and lives an amazing life because of it. He's a genius when it comes to getting tasks accomplished more efficiently and effectively. I love his idea of NR the "new rich". Those of us who value time over money. This is definitely a great book to read if you're an entrepreneur.
4. Dark chocolate is a must when discussing health...or discussing anything for that matter. Ha Ha So I ordered some from my new fave website ThriveMarket.com
This website is pretty much an online compilation of Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, or your local health food store, BUT they give deep discounts. You receive free shipping on any purchase over $45 and 25% off your first order. Now that's shopping healthy AND smart.
5. Supplements are the bomb. I recently started taking DHA, Vit D3, Turmeric, Alpha Lipoid Acid, and Reservatrol (found in red wine) after reading Grain Brain. Each one feeds your brain in a different way. I definitely feel happier, have more energy, and I'm more level headed.
I was introduced to detoxifying Chinese herbs during the Warrior Cleanse. I take 2 dropper sized amounts of the quartet each day. The products below are by BioRay. These herbs are completely food grade, so children, and breastfeeding mom's can even take them. They clean your liver from toxins, increase energy naturally, and so much more.
What are your 5 Life Changers? Is there anything you're incorporating into your healthy lifestyle that you'd like to share. If so, please comment below and share this article with your friends.